WHO WE ARE:
The Textile Teachers Centre closed group is a professional support network for Secondary Textiles Teachers set up in 2014. It is a discussion platform and information resource for textiles teachers. We share resources, ideas and discuss issues. Our mission is simple ‘Better Textiles teaching’. The group is supported and run by a team of unpaid volunteers, with many years’ experience between them!
Find out more about the team, check latest events and news on our website: www.textilesskillsacademy.co.uk and sign up for our FREE monthly email newsletter. FOLLOW US on our public page, where we post news rather than discussion https://www.facebook.com/TextilesSkillsAcademy
As a virtual group, we found that people asked to meet, share and train. We have low cost, simple, effective CPD for teachers run by the group – this includes GCSE practical skills and Non Specialist textiles teacher/technician training throughout the year all over the country. Find out about all these events on our website and Eventbrite: http://textilesskillsacademy.eventbrite.com
We also run monthly ‘Tea ‘n Chat’ networking events online through Zoom, which are free and often have a downloadable resource available. You need to register for each event to get the Zoom meeting details.
Check out the Events Diary for when these events are and the topics covered.
How to join the group:
Guidelines for joining the closed Facebook group:
As professional group of nearly 5000 textiles teachers, it works best when we:
- Give as much as we take and help others where we can – Direct message individuals if you need something and do not post your email address, we call this PM (personal message)
- Recommend resources without using this as a platform for selling – Only upload your work –with secure permission and copyright
- Upload links and documents with a KEY WORD title (not ‘Doc 1’) that helps people search for content. Posts that are links, photos and documents with no introductory HUMAN words, will be removed due to risk on SPAM
- Do not criticise others (parents, pupils, staff) or any school. Behave professionally to protect your own reputation
- Do not post identifiable pupil’s work (remove name labels) – Operate within exam regulations (especially pre-release material embargoes)
- Check ‘Files’ and ‘Events’ uploaded (to see these tabs you may need to use a computer, not a mobile device)
- Invite other textiles teachers to join but show them their inbox ’message requests’ folder to get accepted. This link will take them to it https://www.facebook.com/messages/other/
Try to remember – Before you ‘speak’ THINK: T = is it true? H = is it helpful? I = is it inspiring? N = is it necessary? K = is it kind? Would you please confirm that you have read these guidelines and are happy to adopt them. Feel free to message us if you have a query that you’d not like to post publicly.
Dawn Foxall (Textiles Skills Academy & Textile Teachers Centre)