Ready-to-go Schemes of work
3 x Downloadable Schemes of Work
Save time with these ready to go Schemes of Work, which can be easily adapted to your own school programming.
We know your time is precious and sometimes creating a new Scheme of Work can take you hours, so we have spent those hours developing a pack of 3 Schemes of Work for those of you teaching Art & Design Textiles GCSEs.
Each Scheme of Work can be used for the whole of the personal portfolio part of the Art & Design GCSE (coursework) and includes: A brief, theme, timing, tasks/learning, skills, home learning, assessment objectives and resources.
There are 3 SOWs available, using 3 different themes, sold as a pack.
- Structures: incorporating the techniques, Tucks, Honeycomb smocking & American smocking, Slashing, Weaving, Loom weaving, Pleats, Shadowfolds, Paper & Fabric Manipulation
- Decay: incorporating the techniques, Heat Shibori, Crashing & Shirring
- Aquatic: incorporating the techniques, Ruffles, Flounces & Gathering
All these SOW’s Include the constructed textiles techniques used in Textiles Skills Centre online and Face-To-Face courses.
Nicky Simpson’s GCSE Moderators comments:
- ‘In Textiles, the standard of the work was outstanding…The course structure was strong. Finished pieces were often exciting and innovative. The individuality of the candidates was clearly seen in the diversity of colours, styles and techniques carefully annotated in work books and then displayed in the final outcomes.”
- “The course gave candidates a very strong framework on which to build a response to the theme. Ideas were developed showing depth and thought so that the work of the highest achieving candidates was original, creative and in-depth.”
- “Textile candidates personal portfolios were brimming with ideas, experiments and references to textile and fashion designers as well as fine artists. Overall, the submission was exceptional in the engagement and industry and imaginative use of materials’.