STUDENT TEXTILE ARTIST 2022 COMPETITION
The Textile Skills Centre, sponsored by Dryad Education (formerly Specialist Crafts/Heart Education), are pleased to announce this student competition for a Textile Design/Artwork.
Entries closed on 31st January 2022.
We are very pleased to say we had over 220 amazing entries for our first year! We were very excited to see all the creative work being done in our schools across the UK! The judges said they had very difficult choices to make and they really enjoyed viewing your artwork and reading about its origins and development. One teacher commented ‘this was an excellent extension and enrichment opportunity for our young people and we really appreciate your support, especially after the last few years.’
We had a great line up of judges:-
- Specialist Crafts– our sponsors Educational Resources | Dryad Education
- Emma Wilson– Print Designer- who we all met on our last Textile Skills Centre tea ‘n chat.
- Nicola RedmoreBSc MRes PGCHE FHEA CMgr – Weave Specialist & Subject Leader for Fashion & Textiles at Huddersfield University.
- Alice Buckingham– Junior assistant costume designer – at present working in Rumania on the latest Netflix production of ‘Wednesday’ with director Tim Burton.
- Jamie Brown– Tailoring Designer/Maker who has already created an amazing video for our careers collection, an inspiration to our male textile artists.
OUR WINNING ARTISTS & THEIR SCHOOL
A LEVEL 1st PLACE Jade Lendrum from East Norfolk Sixth Form College
A LEVEL 2nd PLACE Amelia Vennard from Dartford Grammar school for Girls
A LEVEL 3rd PLACE Nonuju Olisa from Dartford Grammar school for Girls
GCSE 1st PLACE Sarah Akinfaye from Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
GCSE 2nd PLACE Holly Roche from St Catherine’s School, Guildford
GCSE 3rd PLACE Tate Pickering from Holyport College, Maidenhead
Congratulations to all our winners, and well done & thankyou to all the students and their teachers who took part (participation certificates will be on their way by the end of march) we look forward to seeing you all next year!
TEXTILES SKILLS CENTRE is managed by a small team of volunteers, who develop free resources and support teachers through the Textiles Teachers Centre and other networking activities.
A Donation would go towards paying for the website, newsletter and ongoing administration costs.
At the moment all costs are met by our team and time is given freely. Your donations, however small, will help to enhance and continue providing this support and resources.
To donate, please click the DONATE button below.