Simple Pattern Drafting for Teaching at KS3/4/5
DATES: Monday 06 April BOOK HERE
VENUE: Flixton Girls School | Flixton Road | Urmston M41 5DR
TIMES: 9:30 – 3:30
An opportunity to learn basic pattern drafting methods as used in industry aimed specifically for teaching at KS3/4. Looking at methods used in industry and learning how to correctly measure the body; create a basic block and adaptions involved in pattern development. Applying those easy maths skills as required by the new GCSE’s through pattern adaptions, fabric lays and scaling!
Attendees will receive the Telestia Fashion Express Pattern book and AB Tools FREE (worth £70)
Places are restricted to 6 so if you would like to go you need to book early!
What to expect on the day:
Introduction: An overview of the history of sizing; Pattern making in industry and different methods and systems used; Flat pattern drafting and the importance of correctly measuring the body.
You will learn how to measure the body correctly, then produce a basic bodice , sleeve and skirt block, to adapt to first patterns. These blocks can be adapted to draft a variety of dresses, tops and skirts.
- Use Industry tools and Telestia methodology to measure the body and draft a first block.
- Pull out the maths element with circular skirts, adding seam allowances etc.
- Learn how to manipulate darts, pivoting around the bodice and using for adding fullness.
- Learn simple pattern adaptations for Bodice and skirts
Benefits of the event:
- Learn new technical skills to support classroom delivery.
- Support and ideas for delivering key maths elements through textiles.
- Classroom strategies and textile industry knowledge to underpin practical work.
- Life long learning in continuing professional development.
- Better understanding of industry practices and requirements to support delivery of KS3/4/5
All Delegates will take away with them their own blocks, toile, instruction handouts and a FREE copy of Telestia Fashion Express Book with AB Tools worth £70
Flixton Girls School