FREE RESOURCE: CAREERS IN FASHION & TEXTILES
We are offering these resources free of charge, but if you would like to donate to our ongoing support of textiles education, we would really appreciate it.
Textiles Skills centre is managed by a small team of volunteers, who develop free resoures and support teachers through the Textiles Teachers Centre and other networking activities.
At the moment all costs are met by our team and time is given freely. Your donations, however small, will help to enhance and continue providing this support and resources.
A Donation of £20 (per teacher) would mean that we can pay for the website and newsletter costs, as well as having some funds to pay for travel to important meetings to represent teachers.
Please click the DONATE button.
To Download all the resources, please click through to Check Out and complete the purchase(FREE).
Downloadable resources to support textiles, fashion and art teachers, in promoting their subject and teaching about careers in the Fashion & Textiles industry. This resource can be used as part of a lesson or for open evening, options evenings, displays, assembly, booklets and more.
The resource includes presentations on:
- Careers: A presentation to show and discuss with your students on a variety of careers in the Fashion & Textile industries
- Creativity matters: Facts, figures and skills
- Shout about it: How to promote textiles in your school
- Pre–recorded videos: From student & industry professionals within the fashion & textile sector
- Links to careers websites: The Textile Institute, British Fashion Council, Discover Creative Careers, CIC Creative Industries Council.
- Jobs in ART: Resource created by Ally Hadden specifically for careers in the creative arts.
LINK FOR VIDEO PLAYLIST: Click to get Youtube Playlist for Individual video interviews by graduate students and industry professionals, talking about their career paths.
FREE RESOURCE FROM JULIE BOYD: Click to go to ‘Careers in Textiles’ resource on Julie’s website.