CADCAM through stitch
16th April 2016
The Parlour Studio, Warwick
An exciting opportunity for any textiles lovers to work closely with textiles practitioner Heidi Ambrose-Brown in her own studio. This is the first of a series of workshops practicing and learning new skills and expanding knowledge of a variety of textiles practices at Parlour Studio.
The day is aimed at teachers at all level of textiles skills and knowledge including technicians, who want to expand their existing skills and practice and gain new and creative ideas for lessons and schemes of work and improve exam performance.
What will be covered
- The importance of preparation – using stabilisers and which type.
- Understanding thread selection and working with different fabrics.
- Editing on the embroidery machine screen.
- How to create 3-dimensional work.
- Understand some software basics.
- Extensive exemplar work for inspiration.
- Information to support the correct use of threads and materials to increase the life of your machine.
Benefits of the Training
- Life long learning in continuing professional development.
- Understand the key learning and differentiation that can be delivered through CAD/CAM machine
- Fresh ideas for use in the classroom with multiple users.
- Advice for specific problems you are experiencing.
- Produce samples, take video clips and photos to support learning and take back into school.
- Networking with other teaching colleagues.
- An awareness of available resources to support/expand your existing practice.
- Make secure decisions and save time with gained knowledge and experience.
Heidi Ambrose-Brown (D&T textiles Consultant)
Heidi worked in the fashion and textiles industry and has experience in fashion retail, buying, design and industrial embroidery, before doing a PGCE specialising in resistant materials. She is now a textile practitioner and consultant within Design and Technology. Her primary aim is to raise the profile of textiles within schools, working with teachers and students to deliver projects that combine new technologies with textile techniques and processes, in order to produce products that students find relevant and achievable.
Heidi has taught in schools across all the D&T specialisms at KS3 and delivered textiles at GCSE and A Level, helping students to achieve outstanding results. Heidi also acted as an examiner for AQA GCSE. She has delivered vocational courses at City & Guilds and BTEC Art and Design: Textiles at KS4.
She has worked closely with educational suppliers to develop resources for schools and advise on the use of CAD/CAM equipment in the classroom, consequently built a national reputation for delivering relevant and inspirational courses for teachers.
Registration for this event is managed via Eventbrite. To register, please visit our Eventbrite page by clicking on the button below.