The TEXTILES SKILLS CENTRE brings together industry and education experts to support, develop and deliver resources, courses and events for textiles teachers, trainers and the open community.
The organisation was founded in 2015 by Dawn Foxall, as a means to further support secondary school textiles teachers in the UK with training and resources. The organisation now has a small team of associates who provide high quality training and workshops and develop resources to aid textiles education throughout the teaching comunity and those who love textiles.
The aims of the Textiles Skills Centre are to:
- Provide affordable access to textile skills training for all.
- Provide opportunities to encourage textile craft skills and activities, as a means to support mental health.
- Provide and promote unbiased and accurate information, to support curriculum development and innovation.
- Support textile teachers (including student teachers) and technicians, through mentorship opportunities and exchange best practice nationally and internationally.
- Support teachers and schools to develop and/or enhance textiles teaching, through training and events.
- Develop and encourage relationships between education and industry.
If you are interested in textiles and would like more information about what we do, then please get in touch with us or join us on social media.