SATURDAY EVENT – (So no need for cover!!)
Pattern Drafting for Teaching at KS3/4/5
DATES: Sat 6th October BOOK HERE
VENUE: Bushey Meads School | Coldharbour Lane | Bushey | Hertfordshire WD23 4PA
TIMES: 9:30 – 3:30
An opportunity to learn basic pattern drafting methods as used in industry aimed specifically for teaching at KS3/4. Looking at methods used in industry and learning how to correctly measure the body; create a basic block and adaptions involved in pattern development. Applying those maths skills as required by the new GCSE’s through pattern adaptions, fabric lays and scaling!
Places are restricted to 6 so if you would like to go you need to book early!
What to expect on the day:
Introduction: An overview of the history of sizing; Pattern making in industry and different methods and systems used; Flat pattern drafting and the importance of correctly measuring the body.
You will learn how to measure the body correctly, then produce a basic bodice , sleeve and skirt block, to adapt to first patterns. These blocks can be adapted to draft a variety of dresses, tops and skirts.
- Use Industry tools and Telestia methodology to measure the body and draft a first block.
- Pull out the maths element with circular skirts, adding seam allowances etc.
- Learn how to manipulate darts, pivoting around the bodice and using for adding fullness.
- Learn simple pattern adaptations for Bodice and skirts
Benefits of the event:
- Learn new technical skills to support classroom delivery.
- Support and ideas for delivering key maths elements through textiles.
- Classroom strategies and textile industry knowledge to underpin practical work.
- Life long learning in continuing professional development.
- Better understanding of industry practices and requirements to support delivery of KS3/4/5
All Delegates will take away with them their own blocks, toile, instruction handouts and a FREE copy of Telestia Fashion Express Book with AB Tools worth £70
Bushey Meads School
Hertfordshire WD23 4PA